Learn the Rules of Craps
The game begins with the shooter’s (Player throwing the dice) first roll, AKA the Come Out Roll. If the result of this roll is a 7 or 11, the Player wins. The Player loses if a 2, 3 or 12 (AKA: crap numbers) are thrown. If a Player throws any number other than a 7, 11, or crap, on the Come Out Roll, then a point (number) is established. Once a point number is established, the shooter wins if they roll that number again before throwing a 7. There are a variety of bets a Player can make during a series of rolls. Below are the most common Crap wagers:
Craps Table Layout
- This wager wins even money if a 7 or 11 are rolled on the Come Out Roll or if the shooter rolls the established point before rolling a 7.
Don’t Pass Line
- This wager is the opposite of the Pass Line. You win on a 2 & 3, and lose on a 7 or 11. If a 12 is rolled, the wager on the Don’t Pass is a tie (Bar). After the point is established, the wager wins if a 7 is rolled and loses if the point is rolled again.
- This even-money wager can be made at any time after the Come Out Roll and is the same as the Don’t Pass Line.
- A Field Bet is a one-roll wager that can be placed at any time. The outcome of the following roll determines whether this wager wins or loses. The wager is an even-money win if a 3,4,9,10 or 11 is rolled. If a 2 or 12 is thrown, the bet wins double.
- Odds Bet is an additional wager made on an existing Pass, Don’t Pass, Come, or Don’t Come bet. Odds Bets allow the Player to be paid at the true odds of that number being rolled. These wagers can be made only after a point has been made.
- Hard Ways is a wager that a 4, 6, 8, or 10 will be rolled in their “Hard Form” (two 2’s, two 3’s, etc.), before a 7 or any other combination of that number is rolled (example: soft 8 = 5 & 3). The Hard Ways pays odds of 9 to 1 for a hard 6 or 8 and 7 to 1 for a hard 10 or 4.
- Place Bets is a bet on the 4,5,6,8,9 and 10. These bets are winners if the number is rolled before a 7.
- Any Seven is a one-roll bet that is made any time. The Player wins odds of 7 to 1 if a 2, 3 or 12 are rolled.
- Any Craps is a one-roll bet that is made at any time. The player wins odds of 7 to 1 if a 2, 3 or 12 are rolled.
- Eleven is a one-roll bet that pays odds of 15 to 1 if an eleven is rolled